How We Support Students' Medical Needs During Off-Site Learning
The Roaring Fork Schools support students with medical concerns participating in field trips and off-site learning activities. To support the safety of all students, staff will adhere to the following Colorado Department of Education requirements:
- All medications (prescription, holistic, and over-the-counter) require a medical provider’s order, parent’s permission, and school nurse verification.
- All medications (prescription, over the counter, and holistic) must be accounted for during school activities.
- If your child needs any medication during a school outing, and they do not already have a health care plan on file at school, a “Permission for Medication” form must be completed and signed by your child’s primary care provider.
- Prescription medications must be provided in a pharmacy bottle with a pharmacy label (provided at no cost by your pharmacy).
- Over the counter medications must be in the original container, labeled with your child’s name and date of birth.
- School staff will only accept the required number of doses your child needs for the trip (+ one dose is acceptable).
- Please make self-carry arrangements with your district nurse at least one week before the event.
Additional information can be obtained at the Colorado Department of Education Health and Wellness Page at https://www.cde.state.co.us/healthandwellness/snh_traintools.
Please reach out to your school’s health office staff with any questions.
District Nurse Team: Yvette Blanc, RN BSN & Chloe Couvreux, RN BSN